P:. (305) 373-9400
- Mr. Mike Segal is a Partner in the Miami office of Broad and Cassel. He chairs the Firm’s Health Law Practice Group.
- Mr. Segal has been practicing with Broad and Cassel for more than 40 years.
- Throughout his legal career, Mr. Segal has practiced in a business management environment. Over 20 years, he has spent considerable time in the representation of large single specialty and multi-specialty physician groups.
- He also has significant experience in structuring all varieties of joint venture transactions, keeping in mind the various regulatory issues.
- Additionally, he acts as general and special counsel to both hospitals and large medical groups.
- Mr. Segal is a frequent presenter on health care law. He has recently presented on Accountable Care Organizations, Clinical Integration and all things Health Care Reform to many medical associations throughout the state. He has also previously presented on Medical Malpractice at conferences across the United States and Canada.
- He is a certified American Health Lawyer Association Dispute Resolver, a designation that qualifies him to serve as a mediator and arbitrator in forums for alternative dispute resolution.
- Mr. Segal is an AV Preeminent® rated attorney with Martindale-Hubbell and annually receives numerous recognitions, including: “Florida Super Lawyer” for nine consecutive years, Woodward and White’s “Best Lawyers in America” for ten consecutive years, “Florida Legal Elite” in Florida Trend Magazine, “Top Attorney” in healthcare by the South Florida Legal Guide and in the Expert Guide. He was named among the region’s Top 100 Power Leaders in Health Care by the South Florida Business Journal in 2013. Mr. Segal received the highest ranking possible for a healthcare attorney in Chambers USA: A Guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers, 2009-2014.
- Mr. Segal recently coauthored, “ACO’s: A Work in Progress”, published by The Florida Bar, and an issue of The Journal of Medical Practice Management, featured an article by Mr. Segal, “The Quality/Cost Initiative of PPACA-An Evolution in Healthcare Delivery”. In 2011, he coauthored an article featured on ABA Health eSource, through the ABA’s Health Law Section, “It’s all in the Math: Financial Mechanisms, Structures and Questions Under the Accountable Care Organization Proposed Regulations.” Mr. Segal is an officer and board member of several charitable organizations.
Advisory Services, Health Systems/Hospital Transactions, Mergers, Physician Practice/Physician Organization Transactions